Istanbul is one of the oldest cities in the world and worth visiting. You will find amazing things to do here, regardless of your particular interests, Istanbul has something for you.
1. To witness the history of the Byzantine Empire, which was formed when the Roman Empire split up as eastern and western empires in 395,
2. To see the lands which the Byzantine Empire existed on for over one thousand years. To see the capital which has been carried from Roman times to today’s Istanbul,
3. To witness the 600 year long adventure of the Ottoman Empire’s most glorious times, and the founding of the Republic
4. To see the palaces which summarize the 600 year Ottoman adventure, especially the Topkapı Palace and the marvelous buildings, churches, bazaars, fountains, cisterns and streets in the surrounding Sultanahmet area,
5. To witness the magnificent atmosphere of Hagia Sophia, the greatest Christian temple which still stands,
6. To feel the pulse of Europe’s first, and the world’s 5th largest city, with its population of 13.8 million,
7. To become a part of the cultural wealth brought on by the coexistence of the modern and the traditional,
8. To experience going from Europe to Asia in five minutes by boat or by car,
9. To watch Asia from Europe, Europe from Asia, and be a part of the “fish by the Bosphorus” tradition while watching,
10. To be able to answer the question “How can the people of one city be both Westerners and Easterners?”
All rights reserved.